Wednesday, November 7, 2007

One, Two, Three... GO!

Oh my! You're here already!

Hi. I'm Dani. I've been trying to introduce myself to you for a few days now but I simply couldn't think of a good way to do it. (I spend most of my time drawing you see, and I happen to know very little about introductions.) I thought of starting at the very beginning and show you some of the scribbles I was doing at the age of six; mostly princesses and the occasional bear. Perhaps you'd like to see a little later? I also considered telling you all about my drawing heritage and how I came here from Bulgaria, through Canada, and how that changed everything. But we don't know each other that well, so this too I'll save for another time.
I even read about the etiquette of introductions, which by the way was very, very complicated in the 1920s, if rather obsolete today.
Nothing would quite do.

Except that now you're here and just like that, we've met!
And I've been saving something to show you!
I hope you like it.



9 comments:

J said...

Great job Dani!
I'm so proud!!!!!!!!

Get ready.

Emma said...

You are, as we like to say, a beast.

Would you put up the on-site sketch, too?

Matt Ferguson said...

Hurray for the Dani Blog! I can't wait for lots of great stuff.
As one of the people who have seen your princess and bear drawings I say... bring it on!

Adrian Molina said...

That was, I think, perhaps the most charming introduction I've ever read. Haha.

I also like drawing princesses and bears, so I definitely would like to see yours!

Dani said...

Gosh! You guys made me feel like it was my birthday!
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great work!! Dani
Cannot wait to see a lot more!

Will come again and again and again to see your work and thought.

Unknown said...

Wonderful painting Dani!

Dani said...

Thanks Bobby and Heejung!

Michael Scharf said...

this is great.